Our goal is to do 2-3 chapters a week. Enjoy.
Waiting sucks. Hearing that the current scanlation group for this series has chapters 18-30 translated but stuck in the pipeline makes us really sad. How are so many scanlators so slow and so incompetent?
This is our first time scanlating manga. We’re only doing this to spread our love for the work, just like how we fansub 50 series a week. It took the two of us no more than a few hours to get this done from translation to release. However, I dare say our translations are top-notch, unlike a lot of the absolute horseshit we’ve all read (not for this series, but in general). Scanlating is easy, unlike subtitling anime. Come on.
We found a few people. If you’re interested, feel free to shoot an email so we can msg you if we need more help. Join/idle on the IRC community!
The release post is here. Enjoy.
The HorribleSubs Fansubbing + Scanalation Team
Edit: Apologies for the typos. We’ll get better :^)
Well, first of all, thank you to all those who donated. We have enough to keep running until next season.
Usually when people accuse us being “shit” because we rip from Crunchyroll or Funimation or any streaming site for that matter, we keep our mouths shut and continue to do what we do. We believed that was the best policy because we wanted to focus all our efforts on working on whatever we have on our plates. The logistics of subtitling ~50 shows a week is pretty complex. Ever wondered why we don’t do song translations? That’s because we don’t have time to do them. Ever wondered why we’re not translating a show? That’s because no translator is interested in it.
Nonetheless, there’s a tipping point for everything. One of our translators quit last week because he didn’t see the point in translating for ungrateful people (I mean, it’s not like he gets paid). That’s why Seven Deadly Sins and Amagi have yet to be subbed. For the sake of everyone on the HorribleSubs’ team, we’d like you to know that we have absolutely nothing to do with Crunchyroll and Funimation. Unlike those sites, we don’t region lock and don’t discriminate. Everything we do is our own work.So, please, I urge you to keep all your bashing to yourself and let us work in peace to provide subtitles for everyone.
In case you didn’t understand the point of this post: we are a fansub group, not a Crunchyroll ripping group like Commie or whatever.
Also, please scroll down to see the featured discus comment for recommendations from us.
The HorribleSubs Fansubbing Team
The best season of the year is here, starting today. These are the shows that I’m personally looking out for:
- Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works – ufotable returns with the fate/zero sequel. How can you not fucking be hyped?
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso – This will be a full adaptation of the manga. Given the name of the series, I can tell this will be a bittersweet story that will bring tears to your eyes.
- Amagi Brilliant Park – KyoAni female designs + Free! male designs? KyoAni always finds a way.
- Grisaia no Kajitsu – To be honest, this is a visual novel adaptation, so it’s likely going to be horrible. However, my friend whose name is “Dicks”, told me that the visual novel is pretty darn good. I’ll put a little faith in my friend dicks for this one.
- Gundam Reconguista in G – Finally, a non kid-oriented Gundam show. To top it off, Tomino (the guy who made all the original Gundam shows) is back to direct it.
- Pyscho-Pass 2 – After killing off Inaho x Hime, what will the Butcher do in PP2?
- Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu – Jesus christ. This seems so absurd that it might actually work.
- Shirobako – Jesus christ x2. This might actually work too!
- Parasyte – Not my cup of tea, but everyone has heard of the manga. Oh, and Aya Hirano is back too.
- Cross Ange – Gundam meets dragons. How can this possibly go wrong? I just can’t see that happening.
There might be other shows that are worth watching, but these are the few that I’d definitely check out. Twintail sounds like it’ll be so bad that it’ll be good, honestly.
Oh, and of course, donations are back for this season. Donate if you can! Don’t worry if you can’t. Our infrastructure has been growing to accommodate the amount of shows we’re “subbing”/ripping, so the monthly costs have been growing.