This does not work for the webchat widget. You must use a proper client.
- Assuming you have installed mIRC and have it up and running, open up Tool -> Options
- Go to DCC -> Ignore and disable it. Remember to disable “Turn ignore back on”
- Click OK and you’re ready to download.
- Say, you want to download “Sword Art Online 01 720p”, in #HorribleSubs chat, type either “@find Sword Art Online 01 720p” or “!find Sword Art Online 01 720p“
- A lot of text will have probably showed up. Find a bot you want to download from and type in the command “/MSG #BOTNAME# XDCC SEND #PACKNUMBER#”
- In our scenario, we will be using CR, our official bot. So type in /MSG CR XDCC SEND 732.
- Alternatively, you can get a nicely formatted list of packs from a packlist. Packlists are either linked somewhere, or are usually pack #1. So, type “/MSG #BOTNAME# XDCC SEND 1″ to retrieve it.
- Save the file and enjoy your blazing fast download!
If you want to customize your IRC further (change text color/background color/fonts), click here. Remember, feel free to ask us questions in #horriblesubs channel. We’ll be glad to assist you.